Cooking with kids is not just about ingredients, recipes, and cooking. It’s about harnessing imagination, empowerment, and creativity. -Guy Fieri
This is an easy muffin recipe, perfect for getting the kids involved as it does not require a stand mixer. We got a little creative and replaced the usual cinnamon for rosemary!
Easy Rosemary Apple Muffins (adapted from here)
(yields 12 large muffins)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup unrefined cane sugar, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- whole oats for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix flours, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- By hand, mix butter and sugar until well combined. Add egg and combine and then applesauce and continue to mix until combined. Finally add dry mixture as well as rosemary and mix until homogenous.
- Evenly scoop mixture into muffin pans.
- For and added crunch, sprinkle whole oats and a bit of sugar on tops of muffins.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.