Cooking with kids is not just about ingredients, recipes, and cooking. It’s about harnessing imagination, empowerment, and creativity. -Guy Fieri
This is an easy muffin recipe, perfect for getting the kids involved as it does not require a stand mixer.
Easy Rosemary Apple Muffins (adapted from here)
(yields 12 large muffins)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup unrefined cane sugar, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- whole oats for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix flours, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- By hand, mix butter and sugar until well combined. Add egg and combine and then applesauce and continue to mix until combined. Finally add dry mixture as well as rosemary and mix until homogenous.
- Evenly scoop mixture into muffin pans.
- For and added crunch, sprinkle whole oats and a bit of sugar on tops of muffins.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
18 thoughts on “easy rosemary apple muffins”
I first read your Apple Muffins, then I said “OH, I don’t know how to make Apple Sauce and went to see your other posts and Thank Goodness, I found the Recipe for Apple Sauce.
Thanks for sharing. Hope it turns out as tasty and lovely as yours.
Glad you found both recipes. If you like apples, you will not be disappointed!
Amazing!! Great photography!! Sounds so delicious!!
Thank you Sumith!
You are welcome my friend:)
These looks so scrumptious… I must say your pictures are so beautiful 😍
Thank you … you are so sweet!
I love to combine rosemary with apples. Your muffins Annika look so tasty and I’m sure very fragrant. Beautiful photos too. 🙂
Thank you! I’ve only discovered the rosemary and apple duo and I love it as well!
Mmm. Sounds delicious. I particularly like the addition of rosemary.
Yes, apples and rosemary pair quite well.
I bet they smell and taste amazing 🙂
Yes, they did! Who could resist the scent of rosemary?!
They look delicious, and your pictures are beautiful!