You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces. Just good food from fresh ingredients. –Julia Child
In this recipe, tomatillos make for a refreshing twist on the classic tomato-based pico de gallo. The recipe for the classic version can be found here.
Green Pico de Gallo
(approximately fills a 500 ml jar)
- 300 g tomatillos, finely diced
- 140 g (about 1 small) red onion, finely diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp lime juice
- handful of finely chopped fresh coriander and mint
- Mix all the other ingredients together.
- Let set for an hour before serving. (Will keep in the refrigerator for 5 days in a sealed container.)