Out with the old, in with the new.
I was so happy to see that processed fruit juice was finally removed from Canada’s Food Guide. Fruit is perfect eaten as is. But sometimes, say a hot summer’s day, a drinkable version comes in handy. I came across this recipe on @itheloveofcakes and instantly knew I had to try it out. It’s proved to be a winner here as a perfect alternative to processed fruit juice. Thank you Deepika (The Love of Cakes) for allowing me to share your recipe on my blog.
Mango Lemonade (recipe from @itheloveofcakes)
- 2 mangoes, (I use Ataulfo mangoes)
- filtered water
- freshly squeezed juice 1 lemon
- maple syrup, honey or raw sugar to taste
- Peel and pit the mangoes and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Puree the mango pieces with about 2 cups water.
- Continue to blend, adding more water to achieve the consistency you desire.
- Add lemon juice to taste.
- Sweeten to taste. (If you start with sweet mangos, this really is not necessary.)
- Serve chilled.