Look around. It’s almost gone. If only someone had told me that before. About life. If only I had understood. —Marisha Pessl
This summer we stopped chasing time and let life slow down. We walked in the woods, scaled mountains, swam in caves, and watched sunsets over the lake. We talked into the night over wine, caught up with old friends and new, and traveled with no agenda. And we churned ice cream in every flavour summer generously offered as we let her days gracefully slip away. Sometimes the pursuit of more is simply wanting less.
Strawberry and Rose Homemade Ice Cream (adapted from here)
(fills a 5×9 inches baking pan)
- approximately 200 g strawberries, washed and hulled
- 120 g raw sugar
- 430 g heavy cream
- 215 g half-and-half cream, slightly warmed to room temperature
- 2 tsp rosewater
- 1/4 tsp freshly and finely ground cardamom (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine half-and-half cream, strawberries, sugar, cream, rosewater and cardamom and blend using an immersion blender until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the cylinder of an ice cream maker and churn as per the manufacturer’s instructions. (I churn for 25 minutes.)
- Once the churning is complete, store the ice cream in a freezer-safe container with an airtight lid.
22 thoughts on “strawberry & rose ice cream”
This looks delicious!! 💕
Thank you so much Bernice. xx
You have a great eye. Love your photography.
Thank you so much for your kind words. xx
This looks so pretty and delicious! Gorgeous pictures Annika! It sounds like you had a beautiful summer! xo
Thank you Ursula!
Lucky you Annika to use an ice cream maker – the cardamom addition here sounds perfect. And loving the quote about the pursuit of more being wanting less – I couldn’t agree more 😊 happy start of Spring – Laura
I’m not one to buy too many kitchen gadgets, but I never had much success making a really good ice cream without an ice cream maker so I’m glad I finally caved in and bought one. Now, I can’t stop experimenting! So happy that you liked the quote, high five to that! xx
Just lovely. Your photographs are just stunning.
You are so kind dear, thank you.
Perfect color & lovely combination. It looks delicious.
indeed! thank you
I just love the baby pink color & rose flavor of this delicious ice cream.
I totally agree, the colour is the perfect finishing touch! Thank you lovely.
This ice cream looks so delicious and tasty! I love the addition of rose water and cardamom. Will also keep in mind the arrowroot “trick”.
Your photos are amazing! 🙂
Thank you for stopping by and your lovely comment Ronit
How gorgeous your shoots are, Annika! xx
You always flatter me! Thank you
Lovely snack ! Thank you for this recipe… have an excellent day !
Thank you Jessica!