(Makes about 6-7 cups. You will need a large dutch oven or stock pot for this)
- 3-4 celery ribs (if your head of celery has got leaves, this is the perfect recipe to throw them in) (about 200 g total)
- 2 carrots (about 150 g total)
- 2 onions, red or yellow (about 200 g total)
- 2 potatoes (about 225 g total)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3-4 bay leaves
- some springs of herbs such as thyme, parsley, oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 10 cups of water
- Chop vegetables into large chunks. Place all ingredients into a large pot or stock pot. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer (covered) for about 30 minutes while you sit back and relax. And that’s it, we are pretty much done! All the vegetables should be soft and easily mashable with a fork.
- Let the stock cool down a bit if you are in no rush. Carefully, strain the stock through a sieve into a large bowl and discard the solids. I actually use a sauce pot with a steamer insert for this step. You are now ready to make soup!