Sage is the star of this pork tenderloin dinner.
Sage and Garlic Crusted Pork Tenderloin (adapted from here)
- 20-25 g garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 1/4 pounds each)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Stir together garlic, sage, salt, pepper, and 2 tbsp olive oil in a small bowl. Rub mixture all over pork.
- Heat a large, heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp olive oil. Add pork, and brown all over, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer pan to oven. Roast pork, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 145° F to 150° F, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer pork to a cutting board; tent with foil, and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with almond sage pesto.
Almond Sage Pesto
(fills a 200 mL jar)
- 50 g fresh sage
- 20 g fresh parsley
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup almonds
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until well combined and smooth.